- Create a new project, and give it a title such as, "a mazed escape".
the create button is found on the upper left side of the navigation menu
note: if starting from an existing project, it should be in "My Stuff"
- Every new project starts with the default "Sprite1" sprite, delete it.
to delete the sprite, click on the X
- Start by selecting a blank backdrop.
hover over the "Choose a Backdrop" and click on "Paint"
- Use the paint studio to draw your maze, have a start and ending to it.
use the paint brush or the rectangle or the circle to help create your maze
- experiment with the various paint tools, like the eraser and the paintbrush
- if there's something you don't like, erase it or undo it
- Pick a sprite to navigate your maze from the sprite library.
hover over and click on "Choose a Sprite"
- Place your sprite at the beginning of your maze.
- change its size from 100 to maybe 25 or 50 so it can move freely in your maze
- your x and y numbers will not be the same
- Start building the script allowing your sprite to have movement.
- use the up arrow to move up
- use the down arrow to move down
- use the right arrow to move to the right
- use the left arrow to move to the right
- Pick another sprite - this sprite will act as the end of your maze.
- drag it to the end of your maze
- use the following script as the example to end your maze