- Create a new project, and type in a project name such as, "animate my name".
the create button is located on the upper left-hand side of the navigation menu
note: if starting from an existing project, it should be in "My Stuff"
- Every new project starts with the default "Sprite1" sprite, delete it.
to delete the sprite, click on the trash can icon
- Pick a backdrop for your project to personalize it.
the "Choose a Backdrop" is located on the lower right-hand side underneath the Stage controls
- Pick your first sprite which will be the first letter of your name from the sprite library,
scrolling way down until you start seeing letters.
- Start adding code blocks to your first letter sprite by dragging them into the code section. Start with the "when flag clicked" found under "Events".
- Drag the letter to its starting position in your Stage
- Find the "hide" block under the Looks blocks, and place it underneath the "when flag clicked" block
- Find the "go to x: y:" block under the "Motion" category and place it under the "hide" block
- Find the "wait" block under the "Control" category and put it under the "go to x: y:" block
- Find the "show" block under the "Motion" category and put it under the "wait" block
- Finally, drag your letter where you want it to glide to on the Stage by placing the "glide secs to x: y:" block
Here's what the script should look like. Run it by clicking on the green flag to make sure it does what you want.
- Repeat step 5. for the remaining letters of your name.
Think about what your script is doing. There is a wait block with a default of 1 second.
As more letters are added, the wait block's value will need to be increased so the letters
appear one at a time. Increase the value by 1 or 2 for each letter, that way one letter appears
one the stage at a time.